The park of energetic labyrints and geometric shapes

Address: Likšų kaimas, Žem. Kalvarijos sen., Plungės rajonas
Phone: +370 675 45 111; +370 611 34 900
Web: www.energlabirintai.lt
E-mail: energlabirintai@gmail.com
Follow us:

A short information about energetic labyrinths: Scientists these days tend to think that labyrinths affect the activity of a human brain. For example when walking through a labyrinth path which suddenly turns 180 degrees – it causes one of your cerebral hemispheres of the brain to switch to the other one. This process happens over and over again until you finish walking through the labyrinth. Using this method your brain starts working hard in a short period of time, hence manifestation of many potential abilities and sudden power flows are possible. This is one of the reasons why it is believed that labyrinths perform miracles and change peoples’ lives.
Bioenergetics scientists argue that geometric forms of labyrinths have their own energy fields that affect the human energy fields. Once exposed to such energy, the human inside energy field starts to feel harmony and peace .

Not only you will be able to walk through labyrinths in the park, but also visit and learn more about other geometrical figures such as: Domes, Mandala and Merkaba.

At the park you will gain positive energy and return to work with new strengths.

Exposition of the Žemaitija National Park, Plateliai Manor Homestead

Address: Didžioji g. 24, Plateliai, Plungės r.
Phone: +370 686 09 874, +370 448 49 231
Fax: +370 448 49 337
E-mail: info @zemaitijosnp.lt
Web: www.zemaitijosnp.lt

Exposition of the Žemaitija National Park. The exposition is located in the former threshing barn of the Manor. Expositions of Plateliai Manor History, ethnography of this Žemaitija region, a newly installed modern exposition of nature’s objects, and also a hall for constantly changing exhibitions.

Plateliai Manor Homestead. Until the end of the 18th century, Plateliai Manor was a property of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, while later, up to 1940, it used to belong to the family of Choiseul-Gouffier, French counts. In the 19th century, Sofija Tyzenhauzaitė de Choiseul-Gouffier used to live and create here, who was the first woman-author in historic Lithuania who wrote in French. Under Choiseul rule, Plateliai Manor used to be an important centre of Žemaitija’s culture, politics and economy.
Plateliai Manor Homestead of 19th century – the beginning of 20th century, being an object of architectural and landscaping value, together with the survived buildings (a threshing barn, servant’s quarters, stables, a granary and a cellar) and the park is a state-protected cultural valuable. Wooden buildings of the Manor were burnt during the World War II (in 1943). Part of these buildings are under restoration and will be adapted to meet public needs. In the building of former stables, a display of Shrovetide masks is offered, in the granary of the Manor – exposition of the Žemaitija National Park and an exhibition hall are located, in the cellar – Centre for Crafts, while in the threshing barn – the House of Culture.

The Cold War museum

Address: Šilinės g. 4, Plokščių k., Plungės r.
Web: www.zemaitijosnp.lt

Cold War Museum is located in the former Soviet Union`s complex of ballistic missile silo launch. These missiles, together with the nearby terrestrial platforms of analogue missile launching, had created a common Soviet nuclear armament group in Lithuania, which was able to destroy all the Europe.
Today, this secret object is open to the visitors. Former missile and the internal apparatus control facility are equipped with a historical exposition telling about the five decades of the Cold War – one of the most famous and most dangerous military conflicts in human history.

Žemaičių Kalvarija

Žemaičių Kalvarija (earlier – Gardai) was mentioned first in 1253 as a Curonian settlement with a castle, an altar hill and a burial ground.
The town has preserved the network of roads and streets that was characteristic of 9th-13th centuries, and also many archaeological, architectural, art, sacred and other valuables of cultural heritage and nature; the town is known for an impressive relief.
In the 4th decade of the 17th century, the bishop Jurgis Tiškevičius founded the first in the Great Duchy of Lithuania Path of Cross with 19 chapels, built a new church of Mary and entrusted all this to Dominican monks. The custom of unique trips to Indulgenced Feasts, called Didžioji Kalvarija (Great Calvary) that take place in the first decade of July have become popular
immediately together with the custom of Walking the Mountains. The catholic temple has become famous, and the town slowly became renamed into Kalvarija (Calvary). In 1664, the Dominicans opened a school and maintained it properly, this school even reached a gymnasium status at the beginning of the 19th century. Simonas Daukantas, Motiejus Valančius and other enlightened people from Žemaitija used to study here.
In Žemaičių Kalvarija, the memorial museum of Vytautas Mačernis is open to the public, also there is an administration office of the elderate, a library, several stores, a cafe, a bus station. About 800 residents live in this town.

Pakutuvėnai

Address: Pakutuvėnų k., Šateikių sen., LT-90390 Plungės r.
Web: http://www.pakuta.lt

The most famuos object, today proclaiming the village of Pakutuvėnai is the St. Anthony Paduvian church and the Meeting estate established by the franciscan community. The Parish Mass taking place on sundays attracts diffrent people.

Memorial Museum of the writer Žemaitė in Bukantė

Address: Godelių k., Plungės raj.
Phone: +370 620 15334, +370 687 52836
E-mail: zd.muziejus@takas.lt
Web: http://www.oginski.lt

This farmstead is writer’s childhood home with personal belongings survived. In a newly restored granary of the farmstead, a memorial exposition dedicated to Stanislovas Riauba (1904-1982), who was born in the same neighbourhood and is known as an outstanding Žemaitian wood carver, is open to public. In another building, the sacred heritage of cross crafting folk tradition is introduced.

Photographers: A. Brazdeikytė, S. Sidabras

Lourde‘s grotto

Address: Birutės g., Plungė
Phone: +370 687 89996, +370 448 79079
E-mail: plungesparapija@gmail.com
Web: http://www.plungesparapija.lt

In 1905a sculpture of Saint Virgin Mary was sent from France and was build on a stone under the sky. Approximately in 1906 a grotto was bricked from the moeny contributed by people.

Saint John the Baptist Church

Address: Vytauto g. 32, Plungė
Phone: +370 687 89 996, +370 448 79 079
E-mail: plungesparapija@gmail.com
Web: http://www.plungesparapija.lt

The chruch is neoromantic, of Latin cross plan, two-tower. The fence of chuch yard is made of brick stone.

Gandinga Landscape reserve. Gandinga mound

Next to the road from Plungė to kuliai, on the right side of Babrungas river there is one of the nicest mounds in Western Samogitia. A castle stood on Gandinga mound and 13th century it was an important support point in the fights with crusaders. The duke M. Oginskis enjoyed celebrating his name day in it and even M.K. Čiurlionis while was living in Plungė liked visiting the mound of Gandinga.

Clock Tower, Plungė District Municipality‘s Public Library

Address: Parko g. 5C, LT-90113, Plungė
Phone: +370 448 72372
E-mail: info@plunge.rvb.lt
Web: http://www.plunge.rvb.lt

Clocwork tower and conservatory in the Plungė was restored in 2012. Plungė district Municipality‘s Public Library is located here now. It is the only Public Libarary who has a Clock Tower in Lithuania. The clock tower and conservatory originally was built in 1846 and it looks like a small version of Palazzo Vencchio castel in Italy.

Samogitian art museum

Address: Parko g. 1, LT-90117 Plungė.
Phone/fax: +370 448 52492, +370 448 57643
E-mail: zd.muziejus@takas.lt
Web: http://www.oginski.lt/

Duke Mykolas Oginskis estate in Plungė is one of the most beautiful architectural ensambles in Lithuania and it was build in the XIX century.

Beržoras

The old street village, mentioned starting with the 15th century, which preserved its traditional landscape, has been granted a status of a state-protected cultural valuable. The 18th century Beržoras church is one of the oldest wooden sacred architecture buildings in Lithuania. There are wooden Stations of the Cross, abundance of chapels, crosses and wayside shrines with sculptures of saints inside, which have survived or have been restored. Near the Pauošniai – Plateliai road, the Beech of Birškus grows, an object of natural heritage.

Beržoras Lake

The area of the lake is 52 ha, maximum depth – 6.3 m. The island on the lake is a hydrographic object of natural heritage. The perch makes the major part of fishes in the lake, although great quantities of roach, bream, pike and rudd are breeding here as well. Near the lake, 2 resting places are built, and there are several rural tourism farmsteads.

Church in Beržoras

A wooden church of squared timber was built in 1746.The cemetery in the churchyard is one of the oldest in Lithuania. In 1759-1760, in memory of Jesus Christ suffering, 14 Chapels-Stations of the Cross were built in Beržoras that were restored after Independence re-establishment in Lithuania.

Lake Plateliai Viewing Platform

The Platform is built on the western shore of the Lake. It overlooks one of the most beautiful panoramas of Lake Plateliai and its surroundings: you can enjoy Pilies, Veršių, Pliksalė islands, the Šventorkalnis peninsula and the eastern shore of the Lake.

Plateliai

Plateliai is one of the most beautiful Žemaitija’s towns with the most famous past. It is situated on the western shore of Lake Plateliai, in the Žemaitija National Park. In historical sources this town started to be mentioned from the 15th century. At that time, Plateliai Manor, the settlement and the church stood on the Šventorkalnis peninsula, while at the end of 17th century they moved to the current location. In 1792, Plateliai was granted the Magdeburg rights and obtained a coat of arms.
Plateliai is an interesting town because of its planned structure with a central square, characteristic of Žemaitija towns, St Peter and Paul church and the Manor.
About 1000 of residents live here. Another objects are: the Žemaitija National Park Administration, the Visitor Centre, the elderate, a post office, an ambulatory, a drugstore, a petrol station, several stores and cafes, several rural tourism farmsteads and a yacht club.

In the centre of the town, a shrine with a sculpture of St Florian stands, as well as the monuments in memory of the First Decade of Lithuanian Independence (1918-1928), Lithuanian Freedom Army (1941-1944-1953) and Balys Korza, a martyr of Rainiai tragedy.

St Peter and Paul Church in Plateliai

It is one of the oldest Lithuania’s shrines – a wooden church of squared timber built in 1744. Next to it, a wooden bell tower has been standing since the 19th century. Many old paintings, liturgical garments and accessories have survived and are stored here. Part of them have been recognized as monuments of art. In the churchyard, Marie Choiseul-Gouffier, one of the latest owners of Plateliai Manor, and her brother Gabriel Choiseul-Gouffier are buried.

Lake Plateliai

This Lake is the largest and deepest Žemaitija’s lake famous for its natural, cultural and landscape value. Even depths of this Lake are special: unique geological formations have been discovered here, changing understanding about formation of the entire Žemaitija Upland. The name of this Lake was mentioned first in the Lithuanian Metrics in 15th century. Its area is 1205 ha, average depth 10.5 m, the deepest point – about 50 m. 17 rivulets are tributaries to the Lake, while the Babrungas river rises here.
There are 7 islands on the Lake: Pilies, Veršių, Pliksalė, Briedsalė, Ubagsalė, Gaidsalė and the smallest among them Šončelis island. All islands of the Lake and Kreiviškiai and Auksalė peninsulas are state-protected monuments of nature or objects of natural heritage.
Lake Plateliai stands out by a unique cultural heritage as well. A castle that used to belong to Lithuanian Dukes, stood even in 15th century already. It was connected with the Šventorkalnis peninsula via a wooden bridge. The bridge poles, Pilies island and Šventorkalnis peninsula (Plateliai Manor location) have been granted the status of cultural valuables.
Here, beside abundant usual fishes, salmon family fishes are breeding as well – vendace and lake whitefish that lived here even in the post-glacial period.